Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More Shtuff!

My husband bought me some new equipment to play with :) I got this Bose compact sound system, which is very lightweight and came with padded cases, since it breaks down to 4 pieces. I also got this Vocalist pedal that detects harmonies according to my guitar chords--it has been so fun to play with, and has allowed me to expand my repertoire, doing songs that just weren't good enough with a single guitar/voice.




    I tried it all out on monday night at the cafe, and it went over well! Tony Austin (co-owner) thought it made a huge difference without "affecting the clarity" of my voice :) I will be bringing it thursday and friday this week too:

   Thursday September 13th, The West Lake Houston CoC will be holding a "Tasting the Town" event at Humble Civic Center from 4pm-9pm. Along with a few other local artists, I will be performing at the  "Nico's Place" booth around 7pm, for about an hour. Come out and sample a little of all the local eateries & wineries, and enjoy some family fun and entertainment! Tickets available here: www.tastingthetown.com 
Humble Civic Center
8233 Will Clayton Pkway
Humble, TX 77338

And then friday night September 14th, I will be back at Berryhill Baja Grill @ Market Street in The Woodlands. I am very excited to try my new rig and songs out, as they will mostly be upbeat/popular songs for the guests on the patio. The band "Train" will be playing at the Pavillion next door so I am sure there will be people coming by to drink afterward. It will be awesome to have a more powerful system, as last friday, the bustle and car honks etc, pretty much drowned my Fender Passport out! I will be playing from 8pm-11pm-ish. If you can make it, I'd love to see any of you! Feel free to introduce yourself if I haven't met you yet!
Berryhill Baja Grill @ Market St.
9595 Six Pines
The Woodlands, TX (my GPS detects it as "Spring, TX")

No comments: